New to this Forum, Could do with some Mountain bike pro's!

annaleigh2015
annaleigh2015 Posts: 5
edited November 2015 in MTB general
Hi guys,
I have no idea if i have posted this to the right place but i am looking for some advice about a '13 Incline Beta 27.5" Mountain Bike 2015'. It is on sale in Halfords for £749.99, ( http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/13-incline-beta-27-5-mountain-bike-2015 ) My partner use to work for halfords and fell in love with the bike, he bought it through cycle to work and because he was working on bikes he got to keep the bike when he left and paid the amount still owed through his wages. It has hardly been used, i think the idea of the bike was more exciting than the actual bike... so now we have this immaculate bike and i cannot sell it for the life of me. I have put it up for £500.00, is this too much? It has only be used maximum 5 times, my partner who builds bikes updated it with a few Deore pieces too, i have no idea if this means anything to you guys. Anyway all i really wanted to know is how do you go about selling a bike like this? I have tried Free ads, Gumtree and Ebay.... nothing! It is a really nice bike... and because it is so new i don't really want to sell it off for £200!! It is taking up so much room in our house now, we can't put it outside and we only have a small house and NO shed!

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Err, should really be in buying advice!

You'll never ever get £500 for it.

Classifieds on here, Pinkbike.com, Gumtree or stick it on fleabay, stick it on ebay at £250 start and you'll find out what it is worth (decent worded advert ending Sunday) as its what someone will bid for it.

£300 is about what you'll get.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks Rookie... bit gutted as it is hardly been used! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though :D
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Valuations per se are against the forum rules, but what Rookie said. It's pretty much an unknown/no name brand with some acceptable bits.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It doesn't help that while the Incline Alpha is pretty good value, the Beta is outpointed by the Rockrider 560 which NEW costs £450.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • So sorry i didn't know it was against the rules. Could explain why my other post has been deleted, thanks guys, i will defo reduce the price knowing this! Thank you.
  • cooldad
    Probably deleted be cause you posted the same thing twice.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • y2keable
    y2keable Posts: 349
    I'm curious, only curious, about a few things. Why buy a bike (or anything) only because you think it's good value for money and with no intention to ride it and knowing that there's no room in the house for it? Also, how come you're selling it? Are you selling it against his will?

If it's only been ridden 5 times, he must have bought the bike roughly 10 days before quitting work as the cycle scheme requires you to use the bike to commute to work at least 50% of the time.

Stick it on Evilbay with a £1.00 starting bid, it will sell for what it's worth. I sell a lot of things through our favourite auction site, always with a £1 starting bid (or £0.01 if the item's worth less than £5) and everything sells for what it's worth as the low starting bit attracts loads of people to take a look.
    <hr noshade size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><b><font color="black">Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, stay down. </font id="black"><font color="red"> Embrase pain.</font id="red"></b></font id="Book Antiqua">

<hr noshade size="1">
    [:D] Paying close attention to my mental hygeine. [:D]
  • Hello you curious person, my partner bought the bike through cycle to work ( but rarely cycled) he worked for Halfords, they do things a little differently as he worked on bikes daily so offered more of an incentive scheme, so he chose a bike for up to but no more than £1000.00, he was paying it off in monthly installments and then left his job for a new one about 4 weeks ago, because he hadn't finished paying the monthly installments they took the lump sum out of his wages (£340 he had left) . He first got the bike with a view to us a getting a shed ( We never got round to getting a shed but have a baby on the way instead)

I am selling it, or asking on here for advice on his behalf because he is currently in work (new job), or i am sure he would be on here doing it himself, i found this page by googling how to sell a bike and as you can imagine, with Christmas on the way we are keen to make back the money taken from the wages.

Hope this cleared your curiosity, however... it has been said curiosity killed the cat! haha anyway, i am not sure on this evil bid thing? What if it sells for £1?? :O
  • cooldad
    Then it's sold and someone gets a bargain.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools