MP3 player recommendations

Andy
Andy Posts: 8,207
edited December 2015 in The Crudcatcher
I've been using an iPod classic for ages now and it finally died. I need a replacement that has a large storage and a long battery life.

Any recommendations please?

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Sansa Clip zip (first edition still available as manufacturer refurb for about £25)
    or any later version of Sansa Clip family
  • Andy
    Sansa Clip zip (first edition still available as manufacturer refurb for about £25)
    or any later version of Sansa Clip family

They dont appear to do a large storage version? I can only see 8gb
  • apreading
    pit a micro SD card in - and go as large as you want.
  • I've had 3 Sansa clips, and will never buy one again (each one broke and was replaced by Sansa!)

Sadly moving from the iPod Classic is really difficult, nothing really matches it for ease of use and longevity. If you find something, tell me what it is and how you get on with it.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • apreading
    What broke on them? Wife and I both have one and use every other day for a couple of years now. I have a spare for the day when that happens but yet to need it...

Was it the clip zip you had, or one of the others?
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    Although its not a specific MP3 player, you can't beat a good phone and Neutron player app. The app is perfect for an Audiophile

The last MP3 player I had was an Ipod 5th gen but absolutely hated the sound quality even when coupled with decent headphones.
  • What broke on them? Wife and I both have one and use every other day for a couple of years now. I have a spare for the day when that happens but yet to need it...

Was it the clip zip you had, or one of the others?
    The clip broke on one, the others had problems with the radio function (which was why I bought it). I think the third one couldn't hold charge longer than about 40 minutes. I use an old phone that I had now. Seems to be doing well, even though the screen is cracked :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Budget? I would say the Sony ZX1. If budget is tight, then a SD card some decent headphones and current/old phone.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've just bought an 8gb Sansa Clip+ off Amazon for £25, I've already got an Ipod but want something smaller in size, not memory capacity. Will be changing the settings to get rid of the UK volume limit though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Andy
    Budget? I would say the Sony ZX1. If budget is tight, then a SD card some decent headphones and current/old phone.

No real budget but naturally want to spend as little as possible.