Glasses ??

13»

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Carbonator wrote:
    Polarised Radarlock come with a Black Iridium lens in the case, so I assume Oakley put the better lens in the frame and the second lens is not considered as good.

The Polarised lens also looks aesthetically more pleasing.

The Polarised lens is marketed as 'HD'

It seemed to be marketed and priced as one of their premium eyewear products in a very road specific frame.

I don't think the Radarlock is cycling specific, it's sports specific. You're just as likely to use it for running or sailing as you are for cycling. And I don't think there is any hierarchy with lens types based on their price. It's the best lens for the conditions for a particular activity, with some personal preference as well. For example you said earlier in the thread you like the clear lens for riding at night.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I don't think polarized are great for cycling - yes they cut out the glare from puddles etc but they also help disguise the puddles. Personally I think you're best seeing where the puddles are.

I've used mine for South of France rides alongside the Med. Great for cutting out the glare there. Very limited use really !
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    And has anyone got a pair of EV Zeros? Quite fancy a pair of those next. Recommended or not?

I've just bought a pair of Radar EV prizms so obviously panicked that I didn't have the latest and greatest so got a pair of the EVZeros to compare last night (hadn't worn the Radar Ev's so they could still go back).

The EVZero's do feel insanely light (although in reality they are 22g compared to 28g) and do look great without the rim. The fit though is very slightly different and they weren't quite as secure on my very very narrow face. The whole frame flexes slightly compared to the Radar EV and the nose pad is different so this may account for it.

Both are lovely and as fit is a completely personal thing so I'd say try a pair (if I hadn't had the Radar EV to try on back to back then I'd of happily kept the EVZero and never worried about it).
  • greasedscotsman
    The EVZero's do feel insanely light (although in reality they are 22g compared to 28g)...

6g saving? I'm in! 8)
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    The EVZero's do feel insanely light (although in reality they are 22g compared to 28g)...

6g saving? I'm in! 8)

I suppose it's almost a 25% reduction which you'd pay a fortune for on other components
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Got the EVZero Path Prizms recently.

Very nice. Likey lotty.

Review;

http://www.cyclespeedtours.com/oakley-e ... zm-review/
  • zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    As the OP, I couldnt bring myself to spend the wodge on the Oakleys', so went for the Bloc Titan Photochromatic, and highly pleased to be honest. Good firm hold on nose bridge, and feel great on. Lenses are excellent, no complaints, and for £60, delighted.
    Still no idea whether the Oakleys are worth the extra, perhaps I'll try them one day.......
  • bernithebiker
    I paid £84 for my Oakleys.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    ^^This but mine cost £82.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547

Very nice. Likey lotty.

Review;

i also have them, really good

the only slight quibble i've found is in strong crosswinds, at some angles they can catch it and shift position, though i'm sure this will vary with shape of face and maybe model of helmet too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • greasedscotsman
    diamonddog wrote:

Where did you get them from?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    I'm going to guess a French or a Spanish site?
    Definitely French for Berni!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

Very nice. Likey lotty.

Review;

Tried these yesterday.
    Was toying with Jawbreakers but these saved me from their design (I kinda like it, but not on my face) and 'ski google' look.

Really like them, but as my ride went through a few dark/heavy showers I discovered that you cannot push them up onto forehead in the same way you can with Radarlocks.

I would not normally have worn Prizm Road for the light conditions yesterday but I wanted to try the EVZero's.

They are also much less tactile and more 'put on when you leave home and take off when you get back' type of thing.
  • bernithebiker
    Daniel B wrote:
    I'm going to guess a French or a Spanish site?
    Definitely French for Berni!

Funnily enough it was amazon.co.uk

The Spanish sites didn't actually have any at all, and the French were 'en greve'!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

6g saving? I'm in! 8)

Or just shave some people would say :lol:
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    diamonddog wrote:

Where did you get them from?
    Eyewear Outlet.
  • greasedscotsman
    Funnily enough it was amazon.co.uk
    diamonddog wrote:
    Eyewear Outlet.

Thanks, I'll have a look.
  • greasedscotsman
    Carbonator wrote:
    Or just shave some people would say :lol:

Or I could just wear my Sub Zeros, which weigh 17g. 8)
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    I have a pair of Radar EV's with Road Prizm lenses that I've been using for the last year. I love them, but wanted clear lenses for night time. I took a gamble and ordered some foakleys from aliexpress, hoping that the lenses would fit. They almost do but not quite, which is ok as I'll just use the frames they came with. I am amazed at how good the fake ones are for just £15 though, there are only a couple of extremely minor differences that I wouldn't be able to spot without having a real pair to compare them with. The case they came in is actually better than the official one as it comes with space to store extra lenses. I can't comment on the quality of the lenses though, they look fine but I'm not sure how shatter proof they are for example.