Childs party Saturday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,872
edited November 2015 in The Crudcatcher
As it's the eldest rugrats birthday tomorrow, we are having a party today, 15 kids to be entertained at a local farm - lots of running around in the mud should do it :)

Later is a catch up with my sulking parents who aren't happy we are moving away - oh well :)

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Monging all,

Enjoyed a day looking at actual live bacon running around yesterday, the couple rear rare breed pigs, it was really interesting and we are getting a couple of piglets in the spring, possibly three to fatten up and carve up and cook up and smash between two bits of bread! Only takes six months from birth to butty!

In other news got people round for foods and boozes tonight so mrs will be stressing while i read up on butchering piggymeat.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Afternoon Losers!

bg13, I'm jealous! I'd love to run my own farm with pigs, beef cows and sheep! Very jealous!

Well I went out with my friends last night, it was fun. Got home around 3:30 this morning, and feel fine today. Not sure how, must have been the McDonald's at 2:30 :lol:

Today I've done nothing but lounge around. This is good, as this evening I'm donning my kilt and heading off to another ceilidh. That'll be fun!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon fudge nudgers.

Quiet day leading up a to busy evening. Fitted my new reverb surprisingly easy. washed an polished the bikes lubed an what not an did a bit of listing what I have. Tonight im helping at a local pub which should be amusing.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Out with the hound for a fair bit today so we are a bit knackered but have just demolished a massive Thai takeaway. Will have to watch the football league show tonight after the mighty Boro smashed Hudderstfield 2-0 away from home :wink: The cider is chilling in the fridge...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Greetings all,

First night off after six nights working. Time to relax. Whilst comparing a few components I want to purchase. Just built the nixie clock. Lovely glowing beautiful valves. And on a plus I am getting close to my weight target. Surprised at how much I have lost this month :)
  • Well a quick pause in the music to hear water leaking inside. Grrr no relaxing for me unless anyone knows anything about windows? Quite a heavy and windy down pour atm.

Same windows as this video and same problem but the vents are shut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmTjXk6T-Y

Next to all the electronics equipment too, wonder where I would stand if they were damaged and it being a rented apartment.
  • Well a quick pause in the music to hear water leaking inside. Grrr no relaxing for me unless anyone knows anything about windows? Quite a heavy and windy down pour atm.

Next to all the electronics equipment too, wonder where I would stand if they were damaged and it being a rented apartment.
    You're windows are leaking and you're in rented accomodation? Don't be asking us how to sort it, just ring the landlord/agency and get them to sort it asap. Don't take "We'll get to you tomorrow" mention the electronics, and that you think something is about to collapse and they should be there soon.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Just built the nixie clock. Lovely glowing beautiful valves.
    I do like a Nixie tube. Mate of mine built a clock a while back, unfortunately 2 of them have burnt out and he's struggling to find replacements the same size. Most of them are Cold War Russian stock as far as I know.

You're windows are leaking and you're in rented accomodation? Don't be asking us how to sort it, just ring the landlord/agency and get them to sort it asap. Don't take "We'll get to you tomorrow" mention the electronics, and that you think something is about to collapse and they should be there soon.

From the trickle vent, has only happened two times think it depends on rain and wind direction. Been in touch with them. Spoke with concierge, seems I am not the only one and seems like it is some kind of design flaw.
  • Just built the nixie clock. Lovely glowing beautiful valves.
    I do like a Nixie tube. Mate of mine built a clock a while back, unfortunately 2 of them have burnt out and he's struggling to find replacements the same size. Most of them are Cold War Russian stock as far as I know.

Always wanted one since I first got in to valves and built a valve headphone amp, then stereo amp etc. Think you are right about the stock. Has he tried looking in to replacing all the nixie valves/sockets?

Oh well its replaced my pin clock, that got very boring very quickly, hearing the pins rearrange every minute.