Buying a Voodoo Marasa

Jordan611
Jordan611 Posts: 8
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,
just wondering because the Voodoo Marasa has 700c wheels which are 29 inch (I believe?) would I be able to upgrade these to proper 29 inch mountain bike wheels instead of the skinny road wheels? I'm getting it cheap at £50 with hydraulic brakes, 24 gears etc so was just wondering if i could do this or was i best off just putting some 26 inch wheels on? I'd rather have 29 though. thanks

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Move this to the Commuting General forum, there is a Guy over there who is a fan/has one of these bikes who will be able to answer all your questions.
  • Move this to the Commuting General forum, there is a Guy over there who is a fan/has one of these bikes who will be able to answer all your questions.
    How do i move this mate? thanks
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Not sure, I think you have to contact the Site Administrators and ask them to move it for you. You could try creating a new post in the Commuting General forum and copy/paste the text from your original post.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Hi,
    just wondering because the Voodoo Marasa has 700c wheels which are 29 inch (I believe?) would I be able to upgrade these to proper 29 inch mountain bike wheels instead of the skinny road wheels? I'm getting it cheap at £50 with hydraulic brakes, 24 gears etc so was just wondering if i could do this or was i best off just putting some 26 inch wheels on? I'd rather have 29 though. thanks

Don't know anything about this Voodoo but as rule mtb v road have different axle lengths, mtb are usually a little to a lot wider than road. If it says 29er it's likely at least a 135mm rear axle as opposed to the usual road standard 130mm