Argon 18 Nitrogen or Fuji Transonic SL

jhodgkiss
jhodgkiss Posts: 3
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I need help, I am in doubt between these two bikes, but the Argon would be all Ultegra and the Fuji Dura-Ace same wheel quality, and same price. Which one would you take?

On the other side the bike shop offered a little bit higher price US500 more a Kuota K-Factor Dura-Ace Vision Team 30 wheels, I think in 2 years maybe do a tri, but in my opinion I think on the top two bikes I will have more fun,because is lighter, I never heard about Kuota as good road bikes.
And last I think with some fitting and clip bars I can be comfortable and ok for Triathlons.

Any suggestion would be great.

Comments

• Kuota is a very reputable brand, my work colleague rides a Kuota and has for years - but the model you highlight is a specific TT bike, not an all round road bike.

If I were choosing either of the others, I'd go for the Argon 18, just because it looks effin lush! Any bike can be used in triathlon, you don't need a TT bike - I've never seen the Brownlees using a full-on TT bike (probably because they're not allowed to!)
  • Thanks but do you think worth going argon 18 but going down on the groupset?
    My impression both bikes at the end of the day does the same thing, but Argon I can reverse the seatpost but the fuji not. Do you think it is a big deal?
  • The Fuji has the better groupset and I would bet is quite lighter too. The Argon does look beautiful though 8)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    If it helps, there is a Transonic at Evans cycles (www.evanscycles.co.uk) with 40% off.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.