Recommended MTB shops in East London

Rachel__A
Rachel__A Posts: 8
edited December 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi all

I'm about to take the jump and buy my first mountain bike (well as an adult, I'm not sure the £100 one I had when I was 12 really counts!). The advice on these forums to visit a local shop and get advice on all the different models and fittings seems very sound, but I'm having trouble finding a shop with a decent range of mountain bikes in east London. Other than Decathlon, all of the stores I've visited seem to focus on road, hybrid and folding bikes and only stock a very limited range of MTBs (often I can count them on one hand!). I'd ideally like to go to a store which features some of the bikes in Bike Radar's best for under £500 and under £1000 lists so I can try them out (my budget is £400 - £600). I'd also like to try some bikes designed for woman, as when I've hired MTBs in the past my arms do often feel uncomfortably stretched, so I think it might be better for me.

Any help on this much appreciated!

Thanks

Rachel

Comments

• How East London are you? Lakeside has Decathlon, Go Outdoors and Evans all close to each other.
  • I live in Wapping, so maybe central east London is better description. I could drive up to Lakeside though - it's about an hour away - but that means if I buy something I'll need to drive it back. Guess I'll need to buy a car rack eventually tho so might as well get it at the same time!
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    I live in Wapping, so maybe central east London is better description. I could drive up to Lakeside though - it's about an hour away - but that means if I buy something I'll need to drive it back. Guess I'll need to buy a car rack eventually tho so might as well get it at the same time!
    If you buy one get it delivered to your home address if that suits you better I found Decathlon build quality was very good.
  • I got my mountain bike in Canary Wharf Evans, which have a fairly decent selection. Cycle Surgery in Romford also had a good selection last time I visited, there is a Cycle Surgery in Stratford Olympic Park as well (which is closer), but don't know how good their mountain bike selection is.