Tracing cyclist pushed off red bike (black & white clothing)

andyeb
andyeb Posts: 407
edited November 2015 in Road general
Does anyone know of a cyclist who was pushed off his/her bike by two passing thugs in a car near Fulmer at around mid day on 23/11/2015?

The reason I ask is that I came across a video of this event (filmed by the offenders themselves) on Facebook. The video has since been pulled, but I have a copy of it!

I would be very interested in hearing from this cyclist - I hope he/she is OK, but would like to provide them with the police phone call references I have, so that we can hopefully get the wheels turning and get these thugs brought to justice and made an example of.

I suspect the police will do nothing unless the victim comes forward. I've attached the best still frame from the video of the cyclist on the way down.

The cyclist appears to be wearing a black and white helmet and black and white kit and is riding a red road bike.

Please spread the word!

Comments

• andyeb
    andyeb Posts: 407
    OK this is getting some traction over on road.cc now: https://shar.es/1ct9oz
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Video of it here:
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/watch-car-passenger-attacks-cyclist-for-fun-201185

Its absolutely disgusting. The morons who did it should have the book thrown at them.

Hope the rider is ok.
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    Wow that is shocking. I'd still definitely report to the police, along with any information about who posted it on FB or which page it was on. Could quite easily have resulted in serious injury or worse.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I guess the twats felt that if they put up a video on Facebook that they would never be found out. I suspect they might be found hanging around some farm animals or other creatures of the same intelligence. (Sorry if I have offended the intelligence of any UK farm animals by associating them with these inbreeds).
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    No way is that 23/11/2015. The light, trees, hedges all put it somewhere in the summer, June or July at a push. Can you change the thread title?
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,368
    What kind of idiot would do something like that?

If you know the date it happened, perhaps there's a way you could use Strava to find out who the victim was? Assuming he was using Strava, you'd just need to see if there is a record of someone coming to an abrupt halt on that straight piece of road on that date . . . just a thought.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    On what date? It's not November in the vid, unless it was shot in Australia.