Extra front light advice please

bproud79
bproud79 Posts: 30
edited May 2016 in Commuting general
Hi all,

I have a Lezyne Super Drive that I've been using on the front for commuting. It's good and bright but the flashing mode has stopped working. I was thinking to get a second front light and always using it on flash mode, plus having it as a spare for when the Lezyne suddenly dies half way home.
Any recommendations? I need a bright flash and a bar mount that is super easy to swop between bikes.

Thanks,

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,498
    Lezyne Zecto, Hecto XL or Micro XL ?
    All bright, all flash, all simple elastic mount. Maybe it depends whether you've been happy with what you've got.
  • I just use the cheapy ebay Cree Q5s for that role. With the 18650 batteries. Works great as an off bike torch as well. At £9 for 2, you can't go wrong.
  • Ah just found the ktv pro, that looks about right... Will let you know. Thanks.
  • Hi, new to this forum and came across this post.

Are you aware of the "race mode" on your Lezyne light? I'm wondering if you've activated it accidentally, which would explain why flash mode isn't working.
  • bproud79
    bproud79 Posts: 30
    Mate you are a hero! How did I not know that... Anyway I now have two lights... The KTV is nice but the battery life indicator comes on way too early.