New gps

ozzy1000
ozzy1000 Posts: 73
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
I currently own a 4-5year old garmin edge 500. I use a powertap and heart rate and upload to strava and sporttracks. My Garmin is feeling a bit dated, its great and functional but the battery life is fading and the laptop I use to upload doesn't really work anymore and is otherwise redundant in my life (all my computing needs now being done on phones/tablets or at work)... So... ;

I'm really out of touch with what's available and I'm looking to upgrade. I like using training software like sporttracks for my personal training log and i'm not so fussed about strava/public these days.. I'm totally open the idea of switching software and starting again with something else, I almost think that.might help reinvigorate some enthusiasm, but ideally I'd like a GPS/computer that could sync/upload via bluetooth to my phone then onto a cloud based software, or something what could just synch via WiFi... So I'm looking for a new GPS (doesn't nessercarily have to be Garmin) and possibly new training software that sync's with minimal faffing.

Any recommendations??

Thanks,

O

Comments

• rs6mra1
    rs6mra1 Posts: 105
    As you have had to Edge 500 and that worked for you, then you might want to consider the new Edge 520 which would enable you to sync via bluetooth and will automatically upload to Garmin Connect and Strava and Maymyride........There is a recent thread on here about the 520 for you to have a read.