Wider than the average budget wheels 100-150

freestyle_gus
freestyle_gus Posts: 120
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I'm after a solid wheelset to go on my Synapse.

They need to be between £100-150, they don't need to be light. But it would be nice if they were wide-ish.

The Mavic Aksium One's appear to be 18mm internal width, is that widest I'll find at this price point?

Thanks!

:D

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Fulcrum racing 7LG are inside your budget or look at the Racing 5LG if you fancy spending a bit more. Merlin currently have some good bundle deals including the wheels with Continental tyres.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Early this year I purchased some Fulcrum Racing 5 LG CX wheels from Germany for ~£145. At the time this represented a good discount on the UK price. Not sure if this is still the case?
  • Thanks, I think it's between the Fulcrum 5 LG and the DT Swiss R24 Spline.

The latter are coming from Rose in Germany. Does anyone have an idea of how long they take when items are in stock?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Other posters on the forum have criticised DT Swiss wheels in the past. On that basis, in your shoes, I'd go for the Fulcrum's
  • Other posters on the forum have criticised DT Swiss wheels in the past. On that basis, in your shoes, I'd go for the Fulcrum's

The Fulcrums should be with me tomorrow, so reading your comment has made me even more comfortable with my decision :)