Best bike shop in NY

davidwilcock
davidwilcock Posts: 123
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
...Specifically Manhattan

This weekend I'll be in NY and want to find a good bike shop. Possibly to pick up some Powertap P1's as I'm not sure I trust the BePro waitlist. Can someone recommend a good place. I'm happy to visit ones which aren't necessarily powertap stockists also, anywhere with a good TT selection gains extra points

Comments

• stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Gotham bike are good
  • Sid's.
  • Gotham bike are good

Also Toga - the same people as Gotham: http://togabikes.com/

Toga West Side
    110 West End Ave
    New York, NY 10023

Gotham Bikes
    101 Reade St
    New York, NY 10013

I went to Toga which is near Central Park, and Gotham is further south near the pointy bit (didn't go there). Toga looked a good LBS, not very big but plenty of stock crammed in.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    R & A Cycles in Brooklyn. Amazing amount of bikes. All the makes in all the colours. Almost.
  • DAZZ_A
    DAZZ_A Posts: 74
    I went to both Toga/Gotham bike stores.

The one near to Central Park (2 blocks west roughly) was by far the better one. Much bigger and more roadie orientated than the one downtown.I went to both as I wanted a team jersey. The midtown one was out of stock and they checked the other store for me.

I had some great deals when I was there a year ago. I've also heard the midtown one has had a refit since I was there.

Well jealous I'm not going with you!
  • If you are in the SoHo area you could try Bicycle Habitat (bicyclehabitat.com) on Lafayette / Prince or NYC Velo on 2nd Avenue in the East Village. Dunno if they have the stuff you are looking for but they are reasonably sized shops in interesting areas .