Lea Valley Velodrome - Lack of open sessions?

e17blade
e17blade Posts: 215
edited November 2015 in Track
Lea Valley Velodrome - Lack of open sessions????

I did the taster session earlier this year and passed level two accreditation recently. I'll be doing level three at some point soon, but to be honest, I'd really like to have an open/free session where I can have a bit of fun. So far the only chance I have had is the last 20 minutes of the taster session when a friend and I got to go flat out, dive off the top of banking, etc.

So, I emailed them and asked. The responses were.....

- "We don't do these sessions any more"

- "Your club can make a group booking" (but only if people are accredited)

- "You can make a corporate booking which includes a timed flying lap" (which sounds expensive and not very "free")

It seems then, after a few emails, that the only way to get free time on the track is to do a taster session? Is this right? Does anyone know of any other way to have some sort of free session?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Comments

• It may be worth doing the skills sessions.

Long term, it will help you with your accreditation process. You may also get a chance, depending on the group etc to have a bit of free time at the end, although I don't know this for sure.

In all honesty it makes sense, as I wouldn't want to be on the velodrome when people are diving in off the banks etc when they are relatively new to track cycling...
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    It may be worth doing the skills sessions.

Long term, it will help you with your accreditation process. You may also get a chance, depending on the group etc to have a bit of free time at the end, although I don't know this for sure.

In all honesty it makes sense, as I wouldn't want to be on the velodrome when people are diving in off the banks etc when they are relatively new to track cycling...

I think they've cut the skills sessions now for some reason, the only way to OP could do what he wants now AFAIK is in a club session.
  • I guess they've got too busy fitting everything in. They were good whilst they lasted!
    BikeRadar Communities Manager