Seat post for titanium bike

furiousd
furiousd Posts: 214
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
Recently got a new Lynskey, very pleased with it. I am going to change the seat post so I can get a 25mm offset, this will allow me to set myself up on the bike much the same as i am set up on my other bikes. Currently it is only a 12mm offset and i can't get the saddle far enough back, i guess a combination of longer arms and a big seat post clamp for the saddle.

So i was looking specifically a the Lynskey seat post which would be an obvious choice, however i like the contrast of black post and stem against the raw titanium finish. I guess i could get a titanium stem at some stage to match. I do think the Lynksey offset post looks great. I saw it uses an Enve clamp so thought i would look a the Enve seat post with 25mm, it is lovely. Not taking the price of these two into the equation what am i likely to feel from each of them? Is there any downsides to either being used in a ti frame?

I have done around 200 miles on the bike and clearly i have fat thigh as the matt black finish of the ally one has started to rub off. I know this won't happen with ti and assume it won't affect carbon. It dosent on my Cervelo but that is a very thin aero post.

I am borrowing a friends FSA carbon post tomorrow to see what that is like but if anyone can offer any insight to either the Lynskey or Enve posts that would be great.

Thanks
D

Comments

• bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Are you saying that you are wearing the finish off the seatpost with your thighs?
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I've got a Thomson offset seat post on my titanium bike, very pleased with it. Relatively light and built to last. Its silver, which matches the titanium nicely. I also have a black non-offset Thomson seatpost, that doesn't work with my geometry/fit on that bike. I've used it on another bike and had no problem with the anodised colour wearing off, except a tiny section where the front of the saddle bag touched it. Apart from braking a bolt on a Thomson seatpost clamp, I'd recommend them, and would buy another one.
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    Bought the Enve 2 bolt, very nice bit of kit.
    D