PlanetX Pro Carbon & Mudguards

Alpina007
Alpina007 Posts: 106
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Has anyone successfully managed to fit a set of mudguards to their Pro Carbon bike?

Im finding myself reading different suggestions as to what will fit.

Comments

• Only cruds on the one I used to have.

What kind were you aiming to fit?
  • Only cruds on the one I used to have.

What kind were you aiming to fit?

To be honest I have no idea after my unsuccessful research. Will go and look at Cruds. Thanks
  • If you do go with Cruds make sure to get some helicopter tape to cover every part of the frame where the Cruds touch it. Including under the fork crown as they will wear away the paint.

Ultimately they are an unsatisfactory solution in my view but they do a job and they will fit.
  • If you do go with Cruds make sure to get some helicopter tape to cover every part of the frame where the Cruds touch it. Including under the fork crown as they will wear away the paint.

Ultimately they are an unsatisfactory solution in my view but they do a job and they will fit.

Appreciate the tip
  • I have managed to fit race blade xl on mine no problem.
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 632
    I think you might be able to fit Cruds but only if you have 23mm tyres and are happy to hear them rubbing occasionally after cycling through puddles.
    I have Schwalbe Durano 25mm tyres on my Px and there is no way cruds would fit.
    In fact cycling through some muddy water is sometimes enough to fill the gap between the tyre and the top of the seat stays.

My other bike is a Boardman with a lot more space but Cruds still managed to rub on the tyre. I think its because Cruds are flexible they sometimes flex the wrong way.
  • I went with the Crud Roadracer mk2 set. Found some good fitting videos on youtube & they seem to do the job.

Cheers
  • How about Raceblade Longs? They've just brought out a new version.

I have fit them to my Spesh Roubaix SL4 - it was a bit of a botch job tbh, as they are really designed to go on bikes with caliper brakes not disc brake equipped bikes (I ended up using a spare screw from a MTB cleat for the seat stay bridge!). I think if you have regular caliper brake fittings, they should be fine. Although not the cheapest option.