Gabba 2

boardmanphil
boardmanphil Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Road general
do i need to wear a base layer under my gabba 2

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    I don't know if you need to, but I would.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I think you need to wear a base layer to enable the Gabba to fulfil it's potential.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Elfed wrote:
    I think you need to wear a base layer to enable the Gabba to fulfil it's potential.

I have never noticed any differences in the performance of the Gabba when i have not been wearing a base layer.
  • Oh no... a one posters first post is about rubber next to the skin.....
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • do i need to wear a base layer under my gabba 2

I always have! Works great for me.
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    How do we know what you need, we are not you 8)

I assume that you have a bike, a Gabba 2 and a base layer, so why not just go for two rides and find out?
  • I can't see why there would be a reason you would NEED to wear a base layer, other than making yourself a little warmer. Some people might not like the feel of the Gabba material next to their skin, but it's never bothered me. More recently when the mornings have been cold but the afternoons have been warmer (on my commute), I have worn a BL on the way in, and no BL on the way back.
    Then again, if your question is really 'does the Gabba 2 need a base layer worn with it to be more efficient', then I'm not sure. I imagine it would be just as breathable, windproof and water-resistant (ie not much after a few washes) with or without a BL.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I was told always to have a base layer ?

That was 30 years plus ago and I think it's still valid now.

TBH I dont find the Gabba that warm - might be fine for a quick blast but not for a steadier longer ride.