Feeling knackered Saturday thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,347
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning abusers, users and perusers

Yesterday's swim has caught up with me. Today is entertaining toots day. Should find time later to re-fit the crudcatchers on the winter bike seen as it's all wet wet wet from here on in. Some new lights should have arrived with any luck so i'll be lit up like a space ship on the night train.
Wish I could employ a minion to clean the bike 'cos I cba but rules about minimum wage, employing asylum seekers and slavery are strict theses days.

Laters
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I'm certainly feeling less than my best today. I think the headache I've had the last few days has been added to the foulness that comes from mixing with the great unwashed on public transport.
    Today should have lots of DIY for me, I will pick and choose my jobs with care.
    Dreadful news about Paris. The things that worry me most about this kind of thing is that it inevitably leads to escalation. Why can't people just get along and leave imaginary friends out of it?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Morning Peeps,

Was fast asleep when the alarm went off, still a bit knackered so coffee is on tap. I felt OK yesterday but that was because someone left a load of free energy drinks out in the office yesterday and I quaffed 3 tins. Outdoor activity has been curtailed by the p1$$ing rain so will need to get creative.

Just reading about Paris, have an unfortunate feeling that this is going to get heavy. Have dropped a line to the Paris lot that I work with, fortunately they are all OK.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • G'day all.

This Paris attack makes me worry about the future of the human race.

Stevo, you had your alarm on at the weekend? Bad drills.
    Weather is foul, so I am in the kitchen. Made a massive savoury mince (base for cottage pie) and roasted and ground some spices for chicken curry next.
    Having a Hommelbier, later will be putting the woodburner on and serious lazing.

Stay dry all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo, you had your alarm on at the weekend? Bad drills.
    Unfortunately our kid needs to be somewhere for 9.15 on a Saturday morning so we have to. Doesn't mean I like it mind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • My heart goes out to France at the moment and it makes me wonder if any major centres are worth the risk of visiting in the run up to Christmas. Manchester markets for example or the Trafford Centre to name two that are my usual December haunts.

But then again that's the desired effect of terrorism.

Today so far has consisted of brushing up wet leaves and pushing a duster around the surfaces of the house.

Tonight, we drink beer!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915

One of my oldest friends has lived in Paris for over twenty years now, this was his Facebook post this morning

First thing this morning I went to Carrefour to do the weekly shop......as per usual

Later I will take junior to his taekwondo class.....as per usual

Later this evening Manon and I will be going out to our favourite restaurant to celebrate Jean Benoit and Mathilde's wedding anniversary.... as already planned

F**K THE F**KING TERRORISTS, F**K THEM TO HELL!!!

If they think that I am going to change one iota of my usual routine then they have badly underestimated myself, my wife and the entire French nation!!

#prayforparis

Says it much better and eloquently than I ever could.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913

Great post, this bit sums up my thoughts, I do worry what is going to happen in the future. And people wonder why the refugees want to leave Syria.

Anyway, couple of hours on the turbo this morning, back from lunch out and might spend the rest of the day doing nothing.

News from dubai - my sister did her first bike race yesterday, 70km and she finished 7th!there were pictures but I'm sure you don't want to see those
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Not sure #prayforparis is the right phrase. Religion and divisiveness has been instrumental in causing all of this hatred. I despair at the human race sometimes.

My thoughts are with all those killed by terrorism/military recently in Paris, Syria and everywhere else.

As for knackered Saturday, I've just cleaned my flat. No I really didn't want to but I did.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Having a Hommelbier

A person of discernment and taste. Had a surfeit van 't vat on a weekender in W Flanders in October and brought back a couple of crates of the 75 cl. You've given me an idea for later... :D
  • Stevo_666

Great post, this bit sums up my thoughts, I do worry what is going to happen in the future. And people wonder why the refugees want to leave Syria.

Anyway, couple of hours on the turbo this morning, back from lunch out and might spend the rest of the day doing nothing.

News from dubai - my sister did her first bike race yesterday, 70km and she finished 7th!there were pictures but I'm sure you don't want to see those
    How will we know if you dont post them?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870

One of my oldest friends has lived in Paris for over twenty years now, this was his Facebook post this morning

First thing this morning I went to Carrefour to do the weekly shop......as per usual

Later I will take junior to his taekwondo class.....as per usual

Later this evening Manon and I will be going out to our favourite restaurant to celebrate Jean Benoit and Mathilde's wedding anniversary.... as already planned

If they think that I am going to change one iota of my usual routine then they have badly underestimated myself, my wife and the entire French nation!!

#prayforparis

Says it much better and eloquently than I ever could.

Great post!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Been a good day, had some looking at the house so I took the kids to play rugby and play in the woods, then took them karting, which they loved even though they were electric karts.

Just been swimming, now pub and then round to some friends for dinner. So no time to search for pics of someone's sister
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I 100% promise I will at some point post a picture of her, I won't commit to when or how much of her will be in view!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Having a Hommelbier

A person of discernment and taste. Had a surfeit van 't vat on a weekender in W Flanders in October and brought back a couple of crates of the 75 cl. You've given me an idea for later... :D
    Hommelbier done, now pink wine :?
    Seen some truly horrific stuff on the news about our French neighbours, has made me feel quite sad.
    Tomorrow is another day, and we are out on the bikes. There may be cake involved, Mrs BBGeek needs feeding dontcha now?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    find race, find 7th place female, check race number, go look at the pics

lovely lunch at Northcote for the dates birthday with some of hr friends. had a lovely English wine. Otherwise lazy day but crudding tomorrow. back to the champagne.

I dont have much to say about Paris. I have spent tpp much time n know too many people for it not to affect me. However I feel more broken about humanity than anything else as we seen to spiral downwards. But there are always good people doing good deeds, especially in Paris last night. I'll still be visiting London/Paris etc over Christmas.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy