What mudguards work well on a Canyon Ultimate CF SL

ai_1
ai_1 Posts: 3,060
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for a set of mudguards for my Canyon Ultimate CF SL. I use 25mm Michelin Pro4 SC tyres which come up fairly large so this may be a factor.
I'd appreciate any suggestions from those who've got mudguards on their 2014-2015 SL or 2013-2014 SLX

Has anyone experience with these?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/crud-roadracer-mk2-mudguard-set/

Comments

• Thats what i use on mine, used them all last winter without problems, enough clearance with 23mm tyre so no rubbing or muck buildup (havent tried 25mm). Had to cut the bottom of the rear down at the bottom bracket area but think this is pretty common. Took about half hour to fit 1st time and can now swap them on or off in a couple of minutes.
    Cheers
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Thats what i use on mine, used them all last winter without problems, enough clearance with 23mm tyre so no rubbing or muck buildup (havent tried 25mm). Had to cut the bottom of the rear down at the bottom bracket area but think this is pretty common. Took about half hour to fit 1st time and can now swap them on or off in a couple of minutes.
    Cheers
    Supermurph09 toldf me in another thread that he's tried what he thinks were these cruds but had some fouling with 25mm tyres. So, I think I may have problems. I don't have a better option as yet though. Maybe I'll have to change tyres, but I'd much rather not.
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Just had a look at my the front of my CF SL running 25mm Conti 4k on SL23 rims, and pretty certain they would not work. I ran Cruds on my Synapse (with 25mm tyres) and grit could still rub , and there's quite a bit more clearance.

At the brakes, I think you need at least 4mm clearance , even then, when you use the brakes it pushes the guard towards the tyre.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I have a different bike, but I use Race Blade XL's as I thought that crud catchers would not fit 25mm tyres.