It's Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited November 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Back to work after my day trip to Gloucester. I should find out today whether or not I've been successful. I've been trying to figure out for the last few days of whether I'd take the job if offered it as it's a huge life change, massive loss in money and I'd leave all my friends to move to the middle of nowhere. It would, however, be a much better lifestyle. Hmm

Today, I have to find out what destruction happened in my absence. I leave them alone for 1 day, and I'm sure something will have broken :roll:

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    True friends, time and distance doesn't matter

Morning

Working from home today as I'm looking after the kids later, rare and hopefully appreciated event. Right, let's try a run with sore ribs
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning all,
    Not much happening here so I might try and have a kip today. Oh no, I can't as the yanks are over.
    Gloucester is quite nice TKM, the EPO's family come from over that way. What would you be doing? You'll soon make more friends and you can keep the ones you want to keep in touch with, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
    I should probably do some work now.
  • True friends, time and distance doesn't matter
    Sadly it's the money that's the big problem. It would cover the rent, but that's about it. Not bills, council tax, food etc.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Gloucester is quite nice TKM, the EPO's family come from over that way. What would you be doing? You'll soon make more friends and you can keep the ones you want to keep in touch with, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
    It would be singing in the cathedral. I'd need to find another job too, basically, before I moved, plus all the costs incurred with moving. Yeah, friends are very supportive and I know I'd make new ones, it's the money that's really holding me back
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • TKM I was kinda offered the opposite last year... Lots of money but would end up in London big lifestyle kick in the teeth that.. I'n the end where you live can have a huge impact on the quality of life, and I chose sticking with my hills and valleys and money doesn't buy that.

Morning nub cakes..

New springs have turned up for the DH bike, will fit them tomorrow! but doesn't look like I will get chance to get out and test them in the next couple of weeks which sucks!!

in other news... is it bed time yet?
  • TKM I was kinda offered the opposite last year... Lots of money but would end up in London big lifestyle kick in the teeth that.. I'n the end where you live can have a huge impact on the quality of life, and I chose sticking with my hills and valleys and money doesn't buy that.
    Yeah, I don't mind taking a pay cut if it means I have a better life.

I didn't get the job. Kind of relieved as I was not enjoying the decision process. It has made me realise though that I need to get a better work/leisure balance. Definitely made me think about a lot of things, so all in all, I'm happy!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Move somewhere awesome.. like wales...
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon,

It's Wednesday which means tomorrow is my Friday. Other than that, not much to report.

Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Move somewhere awesome.. like wales...
    I was kind of looking forward to Gloucester as it was only an hour or so from South Wales, and about an hour from Cannock, it's actually not a badly placed City (and not bad to drive around either!).

Nay mind though, I'll stick to the North a bit longer.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Move somewhere awesome.. like wales...
    I was kind of looking forward to Gloucester as it was only an hour or so from South Wales, and about an hour from Cannock, it's actually not a badly placed City (and not bad to drive around either!).

Nay mind though, I'll stick to the North a bit longer.
    If you moved out there you could enjoy some long uninterrupted walks :)

Not much to report today apart from a wierd ride to work where all the traffic lights were on green :shock: I also bought some cycling gloves. Thats how exciting things are round here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]