Sportful Fiandre No Rain Bib Tights vs R&D Bib Tights

Sanjay
Sanjay Posts: 108
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hey,

I'm wondering what the main difference between these tights are? I'm after a pair of new tights for using in temperatures between 10 and 5 degrees. I've got some Gore Windstopper tights, but these are too warm to be worn above 4-5 degrees or so.

Does anyone have any experience with either product? Would they suit that temperature range? Any other suggestions would also be welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    R&D is for colder weather, NoRain is for wetter weather
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Sanjay
    Thanks for that, sounds like NoRain might be the better option.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I have the R&D bib tights and they are excellent - brilliant pad, great fit and the key feature is that they regulate temperature really well. This means that there actually cope well with a range of temps (down to pretty cold). I think you might find that the No Rain treatment wears off eventually (especially if frequently washed) so they'd need re-proofing. The R&Ds are probably more versatile overall, but the No Rain better in the wet.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Reproofing is not a big deal
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Sanjay
    Thanks for the replies. What is the best thing to reproof the NoRain stuff with? NikWax?
  • Sanjay
    I went with the NoRain ones in the end. I've already got the Gore Windstopper ones when it gets very cold.

First impressions are good, well fitting and comfortable. I've just done my commute in them, but sadly no rain to test them out in :lol: For some reason its 14 degrees in Yorkshire this morning (in November?!), so I got very warm with the tights and a winter jacket on!
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,790
    Sportful Gruppetto tights are a good option for slightly warmer conditions. They are described as being for cool but not arctic weather.