Decent 29er Wheels

jonathanuk
jonathanuk Posts: 67
edited November 2015 in MTB buying advice
Just wondering what off-the-shelf wheels would be a suitable match for a carbon 29er hard tail, not thinking carbon as that would likely be out of my budget, just want something robust, light, that will survive some weather and moderate riding on trail centre stuff (small jumps, drop-offs, rough stuff that makes everything vibrate) and fast forest tracks.

I'm thinking alloy rims with a good hub, silent/quiet free wheel if possible, minimal or no maintenance required.

I ride 2.1 / 2.2 tyres, with the usual quick release skewer thing.

What would be good for a range of budgets starting at the lower end up to about £500? Don't want to go mad, I'm not doing competitions and quite a gentle rider compared to some.

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'd go Light Bicycle carbon on DT350 or Hope Pro2, which will be at the top end of your budget, or Hope Hoops on Crests which will be more middling.
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I've just ordered a set of Stans crest laced to switch hubs from Superstar. They have a 20% off atm which brought them down to just under £250. I've read about the questionable build quality but there are also many who haven't had issues. At that price I'll take a punt and get them checked by a lbs when they arrive.

novemail20 is the code I used.