Earphones

skyblueamateur
skyblueamateur Posts: 1,498
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
With it being that time of year again and the turbo being dusted off I was after a new pair of earphones to help pass the hours on the turbo.

Brought a pair of these KAS Electronics - http://www.amazon.co.uk/KAS-Electronics-KA10001-Headphones-Replaceable/dp/B017BW2NS6/ref=sr_1_3?m=AHETS8RGQMV0&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1446542443&sr=1-3

Sound ace for the money and not too expensive to replace if they get battered.

Anyone else any recommendations?

Comments

• Probably ones that can handle a lot of sweat
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I've been using these and they've been very good for the prices. Just what you need for a turbo session
  • If you're looking for a sweat-proof or waterproof pair of earphones, then you should consider checking this list. It has 10 recommendations for you. Cheers!
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    The hifi press and gadget mags such as Stuff generally reckon Soundmagic E10S to be about the best budget earphones around nowadays. I've got some and can confirm that they are excellent - I bought them to replace an earlier version that were lost. They are particularly good when used with the Comply tips which were supplied with the latest ones but I bought separately for the previous ones. They can be had for about £35.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    I use these in the gym and on the turbo, nice a cheap.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Head ... KRRP5DCTXC
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    which are the best 'over-ear' on 'on-ear' headphones at the same price which aren't too bulky. I used to have sennheiser ones but find they constantly break.

I have some skullcandy ones which came free with some skiing goggles but the cable/jack doesn't connect properly so I lose sound in one earphone unless I hold it in place.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    coriordan wrote:
    which are the best 'over-ear' on 'on-ear' headphones at the same price which aren't too bulky. I used to have sennheiser ones but find they constantly break.

What are you doing to break them? I've had a pair of Sennheiser HDR120 for a long time (which are not particularly expensive) and they are used a lot but I have never managed to do any damage (and I am not careful with them either!).
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    One of the headphones always stops working! Both over ear and in ear buds
  • deejaysee
    deejaysee Posts: 149
    I need to buy probably a 5th pair of wireless earphones, they always break.
    Prices vary wildly and so do the reviews
  • I have been through so many headphones from over ear, in ear, cheap, expensive I tried everything until a triathlon mate said try Yurbuds. Once you get the right size bud it won't fall out no matter what you do. Well worth it and not too pricey
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    coriordan wrote:
    One of the headphones always stops working! Both over ear and in ear buds
    I have Sennheiser HD-25 for 4 and a half years now. And I have not treated them really well! The only thing I have changed is the cable. :roll: