11sp gear cable set - bricks and mortar shop

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I need to recable some bikes this weekend and don't have time to wait for delivery (unless I pay for it) so was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Shimano 11sp gear cable set in London today or tomorrow? (City or Sheen)

Tried Evans but all out of stock except Crouch End and for some reason cyclesurgery don't have it?

Comments

• Try Sigma Sport or Pearson's.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Cables are not 11spd specific. Any gear cable set will work. If you only want the polymer coated cables then ignore me. :)
  • Anonymous
    Not sure that's strictly true. Some yoof in cYclesurgery gave me the wrong one and the mechanic saw and said no has to be 11sp.

I had already half threaded the cable through the shifter and outers and it was pretty hard work. Recommended 11sp one went in a doddle.

Only downside is they break easy. 2 in 5K miles.
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    i have used jagwire,Sram,unbranded stainless ,and powercordz (synthetic) cables with DA9000. They all work fine. My original Shimano polymer cable is the only one that has snapped. :) As long as the head fits and its definitely not a brake cable :) it'll be fine.

The best and cheapest combo i've found is Shimano SP41 outers + cheap ebay stainless cables.
  • Anonymous
    Sweet. Will do that in future. Thanks tf
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Not sure that's strictly true. Some yoof in cYclesurgery gave me the wrong one and the mechanic saw and said no has to be 11sp.
    Nonsense. There will have been a reason that the first cable didn't fit well, but it's nothing to do with there being 11-speed specific cables, because they don't exist.