Arran you're infected

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Just got a dodgy looking email purportedly from you with just a link in it. Summon up all of your resolve and energy and click the button to update your antivirus software :wink:
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    dodgy email link from Arran..................... wouldn't surprise me if its legit
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,467
    What is arran's real first name?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
    There's a clue in his username :wink:

The email addy it came from is one of those that 'under the thumbers' use and mentions the name of the trouser wearing half of the household :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    It's not a virus, (but I did like the thread title) the SENDER'S email account has been hacked, the hackers have the password and id.

I received one from Pino, so he will have to change account details too.

Log in to your email account and change the password, also change the security questions. Try the I lost my password route if this doesn't work.

You may find that these have already been changed so you can't access this info, all you can do is report it to the supplier and open a new email account.

Let me know if anyone receives one from me.

@stevo, you youngsters don't know nuffin about computers :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,391
    I read the title and thought that probably isn't news to anyone.
  • seanoconn
    There's a clue in his username :wink:

The email addy it came from is one of those that 'under the thumbers' use and mentions the name of the trouser wearing half of the household :)
    Arran can't be a real name? Aaran yes but arran? No way.
  • seanoconn
    If anyone receives naked pics of me via email it means my account has been hacked, apologies in advance. I'm not sure I've got TLW1 of flaneur's email addresses if they would like to send me them just in case?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    It's all my fault, it must be because I have everyone's email address. Ever since I registered on randyrussianhousewives.com everything has gone t!ts up.

Yet my zigue-zigue-sputnik anti-virus software is bang up to date. Don't understand.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!