Gore bib tights poor fitting?

devonroads
devonroads Posts: 584
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi guys, I have just received a pair of gore windstopper bib tights, construction looks great and pad however this is the third pair of gore where I find the pad inadequate at the front it sits to low effectively squishing the bits to the side.
These are probably the worst pair I have tried. Anyone else suffered from similar issues :oops: ?
cheers

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why do you need fighting tights? Are these for in the event of a road rage attack?
  • Thanks for the heads up changed the title.

I have got shorted legs but seem to be able to lose an extra in the body, then I am 5 10 so that bit taller. I just kinda feel like they all fit to low. Alright when night or with mates but not so great walking into the office :shock:
  • Following on from this..I too have had poor fitting Gore tights/shorts..so my question to all is this…what, in the forum users opinions are the best for comfort/padding winter bibs? I currently have Chapeau winter ones… bit restrictive..but overall okay, I really want better than okay tho… I just wonder if the holy grail is out there…!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have 3 things for winter riding:

A proper set of DHB winter tights - good value for money if not spectacular.

A Castelli San Remo II which is awesome to ride in

And a set of Thermal Assos Leg warmers I wear on less chilly days with Castelli Bib shorts.
  • I have a lighter pair of DHB - ideal for the cooler weather but not coldest days.

Castelli - couple of pairs very snug fitting and comfortable pads - not tested on the cold days yet.

Assos - fit and build quality is fantastic again yet to try on the cold days but very impressed.

I was interested in the DHB warmest versions- get very good review and very good price.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I am very tall and find Castelli bib tights fit best and their bib shorts as well. Gore bib tights are a little loose but their bib shorts fit well.
  • At the end of last winter I ordered some reduced Castelli Sorprasso from the Cafe. They were too small and they did n't have a larger size but they straps felt too thin and cutting.

Roll forward to the summer and I'm thinking I'd better sort something out before the prices go up. For about £70 a shot I order some DHBs, Exteondos and Gore. I keep the gores after quite a few try's. Two months later I actually ride in them and the pad in those Gore's is the most uncomfortable thing ever to come between me and a saddle :-(

Now Wiggle have a cracking exchange policy which I've used numerous times and even bent the rules occasionally but I'm now wearing my Assoss shorts under those tights! ;-)
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I am 6' 5" and had to get some Large ones as the XL were too long!!! They are superwarm and very durable, had some DHBs and also have some Lusso ones and the Gore are the best, but size down when ordering.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra