Help

Sai.Giridhar
Sai.Giridhar Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi.... I am trying to buy a trek domane 4.3 ... Did my sizing in a store and got it at 57.5. I am 6 ft 1 &1 /2 inches.. However the store does not have a 58 size... They are recommending a 56 size... They are offering a good discount as well for the 2015 model. I have read that going one size smaller is OK and adds to the control etc. What is your advice to me on this. BTW I tested a 58 Fuji bike and found it big .... Tried the 54 & 56 on Trek, Fuji as well and honestly liked the 56 Trek madone. This is a big purchase for me and so please support. Thanks. Sai .... I drive a Bianchi camoleonte. Hybrid 55 size

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    not all bikes manufacturers measure their bikes the same way. The best way is to go by the effective top tube length.

TBH, going a size down is not that bad. You can make it fit you better with a longer stem and push the seat back a bit. If a bike it too big its not going to be comfortable full stop
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    push the seat back a bit.

Please don't do this. Saddle position over the bob has nothing to do with reach to the bars
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen