Colnago v1.r

Paul keohane
Paul keohane Posts: 36
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Any of you have one of these?,I know a fella selling a Frameset and I'm mighty tempted!,it's a smashing matt black with black decals,stealthy is probably the word.My only real concern is the brakes,the rear caliper is mounted under the bottom bracket,could be a pain in the arse for adjustment etc.Id appreciate any feed back.

Comments

• mattbell
    mattbell Posts: 203
    I used to ride a Trek Madone with BB mount brake. It was one of the main reasons I got rid of it. The cable routing was awkward, it was very busy down there. I was also limited to brakes due to crank arm clearances. I was riding Campag which didn't help!
  • I used to ride a Trek Madone with BB mount brake. It was one of the main reasons I got rid of it. The cable routing was awkward, it was very busy down there. I was also limited to brakes due to crank arm clearances. I was riding Campag which didn't help!
    I was reading that colnago brought out their own brakes after the initial ones weren't great, ment to improve things significantly, this frame has the colnago branded brakes,I'm also using Campag.The frame is just beautiful, im probably going to take the chance and see how it goes.
  • mattbell
    mattbell Posts: 203
    I used to ride a Trek Madone with BB mount brake. It was one of the main reasons I got rid of it. The cable routing was awkward, it was very busy down there. I was also limited to brakes due to crank arm clearances. I was riding Campag which didn't help!
    I was reading that colnago brought out their own brakes after the initial ones weren't great, ment to improve things significantly, this frame has the colnago branded brakes,I'm also using Campag.The frame is just beautiful, im probably going to take the chance and see how it goes.

Campagnolo have also launched their own direct mount brakes. So hopefully one of them is better!
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    The V1r has had a recall. be aware of this and see if its been dealt with ( don't know the ins and outs of it).
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    The V1r has had a recall. be aware of this and see if its been dealt with ( don't know the ins and outs of it).
    I think the brake mounting holes in the forks werent deep enough to support the brake properly. Its a two bolt system rather than a single central bolt
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Cheers for the heads up on the recall,checking it out.