the south bank

t4tomo
t4tomo Posts: 2,643
edited November 2015 in Commuting chat
is there a cycle path from Westminster bridge all the way down to London bridge that you can actually use, or is it so "shared use" its covered in tourists and children? I was only thinking of boris bike pootling, not smashing strava records.

*apologies to anyone from Middlesbrough reading this thinking it was a local to them issue, its the other south bank.
Bianchi Infinito CV
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
Brompton S Type
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
Gary Fisher Aquila '98
Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem

Comments

• fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    No I don't think there is.
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    is there a cycle path from Westminster bridge all the way down to London bridge that you can actually use, or is it so "shared use" its covered in tourists and children? I was only thinking of boris bike pootling, not smashing strava records.

*apologies to anyone from Middlesbrough reading this thinking it was a local to them issue, its the other south bank.

There is the path through county hall (shared) then it becomes a normal-ish road (buses and huge number of peds) past RNTheatre, LWT and Shell etc, Upper Ground etc, then you turn South out onto Southwark Street which curves round to become the road which crosses London Bridge. It is all pretty hectic - I prefer embankment on the North Side of the river
  • edrobbin
    edrobbin Posts: 173
    I used to do South Bank centre to Lambeth bridge, Jogger central at 0730. That section probably OK for a pootle, and I suspect the South Bank to Blackfriars would be the same. Evenings much, much worse
    Waterloo - White City

Cannondale Quick Carbon 1 2016
    Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 3 26" (Lefty) :D