A stumble down memory lane

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited November 2015 in Cyclocross
At the weekend I rode in my first cross race for twelve years. Thirty minutes in I was remembering just why it was twelve years since my last race, hell on wheels. However, when I crossed the finish line, after the initial "I want to throw up" feeling, it was a case of fantastic now I remember why I ever rode cross in the first place. I'll be riding the next round. :D
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• johnmcl7
    johnmcl7 Posts: 162
    Sounds similar to my feelings on cross racing which I only started recently when there were some races in my area although I wasn't taking it at all seriously and just going along to give it a shot on an MTB. The first couple of laps I'm almost hoping for a mechanical which means I'll have to pull out but then settle into a rhythm, start to get to know the course a bit better and then it's the final lap which I can just pound round as I'm done. The only other racing I do is 24 hour endurance racing so it's also kind of nice just turn up, race for an hour and then home again without all the hassle.

I'm hoping the individual that organised the CX race series here are going to do it again this season.
  • At the weekend I rode in my first cross race for twelve years. Thirty minutes in I was remembering just why it was twelve years since my last race, hell on wheels. However, when I crossed the finish line, after the initial "I want to throw up" feeling, it was a case of fantastic now I remember why I ever rode cross in the first place. I'll be riding the next round. :D
    Welcome back to the church of mud and suffering my son