Bottle Cage Bolts Too High

dandelyon
dandelyon Posts: 145
edited November 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello
Would anyone have some good tips about the solution to the " Bottle Cage bolts holes far too high" Issue on Giant Trance? ( apart from having to use a very small bottle or a camel back which I don't like)
I need to use my big bottles and No way they will fit because the holes are situated far too high
Is there such a thing as a cheap plastic adapter?
Thanks for your advice and suggestions
Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Side load bottle cages or a camelback.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Hello
    Would anyone have some good tips about the solution to the " Bottle Cage bolts holes far too high" Issue on Giant Trance? ( apart from having to use a very small bottle or a camel back which I don't like)
    I need to use my big bottles and No way they will fit because the holes are situated far too high
    Cheers

How big is a big bottle? Over 750ml and you are asking a lot of a full suspension frame.

As Nick says - side loading cages might help if its a case you cant put them in and out of a top loader. If its just a case they don't fit the frame.......they don't fit.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Put the cage upside dowm and tape the bottle on to the cage.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • bungle73
    bungle73 Posts: 758
    Several years ago you used to be able to buy plastic mounts that fitted to your bike and gave you extra bolt mounts. I think they were made by Zefal, but I don't know if they still do them.
  • brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330
    Cant you fit it using jubilee clips ?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Hello
    Cheers

How big is a big bottle? Over 750ml and you are asking a lot of a full suspension frame.

As Nick says - side loading cages might help if its a case you cant put them in and out of a top loader. If its just a case they don't fit the frame.......they don't fit.

Yeah I tried to bung in my 950ml one. Nope! Stick with 5-600ml they usually fit fine
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    How long are you riding for to need such big bottles where you don't have any opportunities to refill?
    Stick one in your backpack maybe?

I guess if you have to have a cage you could fashion an extension bracket from a strip of plastic.
    That said I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be any cages with telescopic rails..