Aero helmets

flyingscott
flyingscott Posts: 4
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi everyone, I am currently in the market to purchase a new aero helmet for my road bike, I don't do alot of racing on my road bike as I'm a time trialist however I fancy a bit of bling and therefore can't decide on the following either a Kask infinite, the specilized evade, the poc octal (not the aero one) or the MET rivale.

I really like all these helmets however was wondering about your opinions on fit, ventilation, and just looks as well as performance such as weight.

Any replies appreciated :D thanks.

Comments

• foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Well the POC isn't aero so that's out before you get an further...
  • I would probably go for a dedicated TT helmet and a nice, comfortable vented helmet for road use. Unless you really want to hammer the helmet won't make any difference.

If you're not aiming to race on the road bike, you might as well go for a well vented helmet like the Giro atmos, as you'll probably prefer the cooling effects more often than aero. Especially when you're training for your time trials.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    The kask is under £100 on wiggle at the moment. Aero, vented, rain proof, comfortable, looks good, reasonable weight, and with the added attraction of a sliding hatch - you can have it all! 8)
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    I've got an evade, that I only bought for racing, and love it. It's really comfortable and feels light, certainly the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. Never noticed an issue with heat.

Got nothing scientific, but its definately much quieter than my other lids.

Might be worth trying to get your head into the candidates to see what feels good.

I'm sure any of them will feel beautiful, compared to whatever TT race lid you wear.
  • cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    I like the Evade as well as an 'all round' aero ish Helmet I definately notice less wind Noise when i have it on over a standard Specialized top range Helmet. The Cycle store is doing a deal on them at the moment.