anyone used 3T Accelero 40 LTD wheels (full carbon ones)

turneround
turneround Posts: 83
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
looking at getting these wheels and was wondering if anyone out there has used them and if so how are they finding them??... these are the full carob ones not the alu / carbon mix ones
Moots Routt RSL -summer days
Moots Farwell - trail
Lynskey GR270 ti- gravel
Ibis Mojo HD3 - rough stuff

Comments

• They're not exactly renowned in the world of wheelbuilding, hence not many ppl buy them hence why they're so heavily discounted. Dunno...it's no doubt a Chinese rim on a Chinese hub built....erm.....in China. There's nothing wrong at all with that- 3t have probably just realised they're taking the piss trying to flog a £400 wheelset for £1400 just cost it's got "Italian", branding on it.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Even if given a barge pole to touch them with, I wouldn't. 3T make some great finishing kit (except for the dorico seat post) but the wheels?... Nooooo.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • The 3T concept was very innovative (as far as round wheels go), but I do believe the all concept has been discountinued... not sure I would invest in them
    left the forum March 2023
  • I thought about pulling the trigger as well but there's such a lack of info out there one wonders who the heck bought them and i'm surprised they didn't give them to BR or Road.cc etc to compare with the carbon alloy ones... I found some slight info about how they compared favourably with zipp 303s and enve 3.4s in terms of acceleration, aerodynamics but worse off in weight however it was the usual marketing chart.

would be curious... if you did buy them to know how you got on