Crashed front Bora Ultra - what next?

ivanoile
ivanoile Posts: 202
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
So I have crashed Bora Ultra Two,at the moment I only have an offer to buy another rim which costs about 650€ in Italy and get it rebuilt by someone (so another expense). Carbon repair is not possible,at least not somewhere close as they claim that it will cost me more than a rebuild. :roll:

At the end I want to have my Ultra wheels back,but is there any other solution except rebuilding it? (Or buying another set of wheels and sell rear)

za_brisat2.jpg

Comments

• foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    The rim and rebuild option looks the way to go and the cheapest option. Hope you are ok after the crash.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Give fibrelyte a call/email. Worth posting out, they're very good and very reasonable.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ivanoile
    Thanks,will try at fibrelyte
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • ivanoile
    @Cal_Stewart

I've contacted him,but he rated wheel as too damaged to repair.So I think that I'll have to find another wheelset or at least someone who wants to sell me front only

*Slovenia,not Slovakia :wink:
  • napoleond
    Hmmm. If Jure reckons it's irreparable then yeah, new wheel. Only reason I didn't recommend Berk was likely lead time, he's mega busy!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ivanoile
    Hmmm. If Jure reckons it's irreparable then yeah, new wheel. Only reason I didn't recommend Berk was likely lead time, he's mega busy!

New wheel (at least rim) would cost me (ATM) around 700€ w/o someone to lace it.That's 100€ cheaper than avg.price on used Bora Ultra Two wheelset,so that's not a solution,for now.
    My best solution is to sell the rear wheel and buy some other used Bora wheelset :oops:
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    This might sound crazy as it possibly is.

Buy a set of bora ones.

Sell rear bora one.

Have front rim rebuilt onto ultra hub or just change the internals.

Aren't ultras and ones the same with ultras just having the carbon hub shell and cult bearings? Believe the rims are the same is it the older narrow rim?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • napoleond

Buy a set of bora ones.

Sell rear bora one.

Aren't ultras and ones the same with ultras just having the carbon hub shell and cult bearings? Believe the rims are the same is it the older narrow rim?

Yeah the rims are the same
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ivanoile

Buy a set of bora ones.

Sell rear bora one.

I think that more crazy is that people value Bora One higher than Bora Ultra (Two).
    I couldn't find One for less than 900€,but Ultra easily for 700-800€ :roll: