Garmin with older Apple comps

vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited October 2015 in Road general
Hi all……

Anyone like me..running the NOT newest version of OSX on a desk/laptop…and having trouble with Garmin/Strava using the legacy Garmin Express plug in??
It has got so frustrating I have actually closed down my Strava a/c and sold the Garmin….but almost instantly regretted it!! :roll: :roll:
God knows whats up…any ideas??

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Nope.
    Early 2009 MacBook Pro with all the latest updates.
    No problems.
    I guess you have an older one otherwise why not update?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • It might have had something to do with the hardware of the laptop, or perhaps drivers not functioning correctly?
  • Hi all……

Anyone like me..running the NOT newest version of OSX on a desk/laptop…and having trouble with Garmin/Strava using the legacy Garmin Express plug in??
    It has got so frustrating I have actually closed down my Strava a/c and sold the Garmin….but almost instantly regretted it!! :roll: :roll:
    God knows whats up…any ideas??

Yes - the plugins (in general) are deprecated by pretty much all browsers - so, the Garmin Communicator plugin for example, will no longer work. The replacement is Garmin Express (or manual upload)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have to use manual upload. I have a mac from 08/09 and just do it manually. It's a faff, but it's time I replaced it anyway.
  • Vslowpace
    Vslowpace Posts: 189
    Manual file upload works fine, I wouldn't even consider it anyway near a faff. Don't even need to search for the right directory once you've done it once.