Xfusion slant queries

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited October 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got the RL2 DLA version of the above fork and I've got some problems!

Recently I've noticed the rebound is quite harsh (I think this is a new development.) If I compress the forks then lift the front end, the forks shoot to full extension with a clunk. I've slowed the rebound down to combat this, but with the obvious compromise of the rebound being slower! Out of a total of 35 clicks, it takes 15-17 to get to a stage where they don't clunk. I'm sure they haven't always done this.

Also, they never get full travel (in either 130mm or 160mm setting.) Now I'm not the most hardcore rider, but I've dropped off some things and landed pretty heavily and there's still about 10mm of travel I'm not getting. I run about 20% sag.

And, there's no small bump sensitivity!

Does it sound like they need fettling/servicing? I read about bottomless tokens in Rockshox making a big difference. Or does it sound more like I've got them set up badly!?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Middle of the rebound setting is a good place to start, and for 160mm forks I'd be starting at around 25% sag, so softening them will make them more sensitive.

So probably need setting up better.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Sounds like they need a service. They are quite a good fork and shouldn't be as you describe.
    I seem to remember you can run a lot of sag on them, try 30 - 35%
  • OK, I'll experiment with more sag first to increase sensitivity. The rebound thing still doesn't sit with me though. I've had them just shy of a year and I'm not a regular rider (one big day every now and again as opposed to short regular rides.)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They would be due a service about now. TF Tuned service X Fusion.