Best discounted 2015 bike for £800 budget

Fisherprice
Fisherprice Posts: 5
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend on the above, I am struggling with varied reviews on many bikes and figure with my budget a sale bike is best.

Looked at Felt, Neilpryde or canyon 2016 endurace...

Help needed

Comments

• Great minds think alike....
    I agree reviews are scarce and in depth technical ones no existant!
    Could not find the bikes you mention at that price range.
    Cheers james
  • Felt F6

Canyon endurace AL 6

Or any other suggestions
  • A little over £800 but Dolan are doing a carbon bike with campag veloce for £850
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803

Canyon endurace AL 6

Or any other suggestions

Can vouch for this one - my wife has one.

All day comfort, great spec and light as you'll find at the price.
  • Genesis Croix De Fer has got to be worth a look for this money?

Superb bike with great versality, very well reviewed and refined to a very convincing package. It's not all about carbon, especially if you're going to stick to a single bike.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,500
    At this budget you're looking mostly at lower end carbon frames, or very good Alu and I'd suggest going for good alu.

You'll get a caad8 105 for this price, maybe a CAAD10 105 if you hunt around.
  • I have just found a second hand Canyon Carbon frame Endurace 7.0 for sale at £850...it's only ridden a few times.

Is this a cheap carbon?
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Try and talk to a trek dealer as the 2015 al domane with 105 can sometimes be had for a little more
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • faarn
    faarn Posts: 52
    What are peoples thoughts on the Radon R1 105 (or 4.0/5.0)? Around that price but I can't find any reviews. Anyone got one or ridden one?
  • I have just found a second hand Canyon Carbon frame Endurace 7.0 for sale at £850...it's only ridden a few times.

Is this a cheap carbon?

The 2016 model is £1150 so I wouldn't call that a bargain second hand. In general I think second hand bikes are overpriced considering you loose the warranty in a lot of cases and it's hard to tell how well they have been maintained from pictures.i've nothing against second hand btw, I just question the value at times.