On One Inbred scratch build

demelitia
demelitia Posts: 59
edited June 2016 in Your mountain bikes
First attempt at a bike build. Thinking of getting the frame sprayed satin gun metal grey over the winter.
Built from second hand and reduced price parts wherever possible. Fun and comfy to ride and so far (touch wood) has put up with everything i've thrown at it.
May buy a few more bling bits for it, i'd like some nicer forks, maybe some SIDs? Then again i want to build a full sus so it might stay as is.
2_zpsskisuewm.jpg
fa929cf8-0ec7-4dbc-a757-600a7ae7fada_zpsypu6frfq.jpg
dc647406-bf6b-4fc9-bc9a-cd64637f6ce7_zpspickkfsw.jpg
4_zpsycco7ync.jpeg

Frame: On One Inbred 16" (2nd hand)
Forks:2012 Float 32 evo RL (2nd hand)
Bars: Easton Haven Carbon
Stem: Kore Cubix
Headset: On One smoothie
Grips: Esi Chunky
Bar Ends: Clarks(?)

Front Brake Lever assy: Avid SD7
Front Caliper: Avid BB7
Front disc: Home Mono Mini 180mm
Rear Brake Lever assy: Avid SD7
Rear Caliper: Avid BB7
Rear Disc: Home Mono Mini 160mm

Shifters: Sram X0
Rear Mech: Sram x7

Seat: Selle Italia C2
Seat Post: USE Alien Carbon Cyclops
Seat Post Clamp: Hope bolt up

Cranks: Raceface Ride XC (2nd hand)
Chainring(s): Blackspire Snaggletooth Narrow-wide 34t (36 soon)
Chain: KMC X9
Cassette: Sram PG990 (2nd hand, as new)
Pedals: Aest Titanium axle Ebay Cheapies

Front Wheel:
Rim: Stans Alpine
Spokes: Sapim D-light
Hub: Novatec D771
Tube: Continental Supersonic
Tire: Continental X-king Racesport 2.2

Back Wheel:
Rim: Stans Alpine
Spokes: Sapim D-light
Hub: Novatec D772
Tube:Continental Supersonic
Tire: Continental X-king Racesport 2.2

Weight: 10.5/11kg?

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice, but any reason you've gone for cable discs?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Thanks. Mainly, they were cheap; Ebay specials. Completely unused but '2nd hand'.
    I needed brakes for it sharpish and those fit the bill. I had cable inners/outers and the levers already: more money saved. So far they've done everything I've asked of them. Modulation and power are both good.
    I keep thinking I'll change them out for something a little nicer but as I say, I remember I want to start a full suspension build (or to buy myself a YT Capra al1) and I convince myself not to.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Fair enough, though I still think some cheap hydraulics would make a big difference. Given that you've done pretty well with the spec everywhere else, I think it deserves it.
    I have deores on mine and they're ace. Can be had for about £70 a pair too.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I've taken what you said in to consideration and been keeping an eye out for a decent bargain on the classifieds section.
    Do hydraulics tend to come out fairly close to mechanical discs in terms of weight, the whole system that is? I've no experience with them. Obviously it'll depend on the model, I just wondered if there was a general trend.
    I'm not the type to go to the extremes of buying titanium bolts to shave 0.6g off my bike but I would like to keep it at a decent level given how well I've done with the £/lb ratio.

It seems getting a Capra will have to stay as a pipe dream. I can't really justify dropping £2k on a bike right now, so I've got a bit of money to play around with.
    As a result I'm spending a bit of time trying to replace the inbred frame with a whippet, getting hold of a 16" frame isn't easy though; most are for sale as full bikes.
  • Managed to get out for a decent ride this weekend for the first time in too long. Just to prove it doesn't always look as clean as it did up there /\, especially after all the rain we've had recently:

Got some Maxxis Advantage 2.25 sing ply for a hell of a lot of extra grip compared to the X-kings. I can live with the extra weight.
    Also got an Ass savers Wide guard. Excellent timing. It did a good job of keeping a lot of the crap off me, worth the money all day long.
    inbred%20resize%202_zpspgsuhn49.jpg

inbred%20resize1_zpsxtixl9ld.jpg

inbred%20resize%203_zpswpxhlbm7.jpg

I'm sorry bottom bracket, I didn't mean to!
    inbred%20bottom%20bracket%20resize_zpsrxuh6qqg.jpg
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    that looks properly used, well done :mrgreen:
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • demelitia
    I haven't changed anything for a while, impulsive buying urges got the better of me and I've spent some cash I probably didn't need to.

Oh well

image.jpg
    screenshot on pc

Edit: I've just realised a couple of things; how out of balance the frame cost/peripherals cost ratio has gotten and I'll shortly have a set of forks spare. Does that mean I have to buy another frame to fit them on? :lol:
  • demelitia
    image.jpg
    Fitted, setup, christened. Worth every penny.
    New XTR M980 bottom bracket too.