2 similar bikes - which one?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
I've managed to get my hands on a second bike for a steal, but as far as I can tell both are going to be pretty similar with regard to uses.

Neither have guard mounts, both are pretty light, both fun for blasting on and both nice bikes in general.

Bike 1 - As per my signature, Boardman carbon ('09 or so) with 11sp 105. Deda Zero 100 finishing kit
Bike 2 - Kinesis Aithein, also 11sp 105. PRO PLT finishing kit (this one: viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13037991)

Wheels wise I have shimano RS21s (winter), Campag Zondas (hills) and 50mm carbon clinchers (rolling) which I will be keeping regardless.

I'm 70kg, ride 20 miles round trip to work every day, a few extended rides through, chaingang once a week and 70 - 100 miles at the weekend, with a tendency to knacker myself rather than pootle.

The plan is to keep one (I am thinking the Aithein with the Deda finishing kit) and sell the other.

Just wondering what you would do, as I am pretty unsure. Obviously the final decision will be made upon riding them both!

Comments