Canyon Ultimate AL SLX Build - Fork Steerer Issues

Shishykish
Shishykish Posts: 15
edited October 2015 in Workshop
So I am trying to build up this frame. I don't have the front fork so having an issue in sourcing one. Originally, the bike takes a Canyon One One Four SLX (f-19) fork. But I discovered that it has a not so typical 1 1/4 steerer so I am finding it difficult in sourcing a fork since Canyon won't sell the forks by themselves.

How might you get a around the problem? I've thought of using a headtube reducer, 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 then installing a acros Ai 70 fiber headset. I have the headset on the way.

Can anyone suggest a suitable non stock fork? or another solution?

Comments

• Have you tried contacting Canyon UK?
    I also have a Canyon Ultimate Al and when I had a problem with the 1 1/4 stem, they sent me a replacement one.
    I had good experience with their customer support.
    Padyak rider
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    So I am trying to build up this frame. I don't have the front fork so having an issue in sourcing one. Originally, the bike takes a Canyon One One Four SLX (f-19) fork. But I discovered that it has a not so typical 1 1/4 steerer so I am finding it difficult in sourcing a fork since Canyon won't sell the forks by themselves.

How might you get a around the problem? I've thought of using a headtube reducer, 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 then installing a acros Ai 70 fiber headset. I have the headset on the way.

Can anyone suggest a suitable non stock fork? or another solution?

IF you have to get a 3rd party fork, ENVE do very good ones. If your bike is black as most Canyons are hopefully it wont look too out of place. Not surehow much the price would compare to a regular Canyon fork though