Base settings for 2015 Pike

mxh
mxh Posts: 51
edited October 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I've just picked up a secondhand 2015 Specialized Enduro with Cane Creek shock and Pike RCT3 forks.

The Cane Creek website gives a 'base tune' setting for the shock, so I have changed the settings to match this to give me a good starting point. However, I can't find any recommended 'base settings' for the Pike - either in general or when used on the Enduro.

I know that it's all subjective etc etc, but if CC can give a starting point for the shock, surely there's an equivalent starting point for the fork. Unfortunately I've never been any good at 'feeling' what the suspension is doing, so I'd like to set the suspension to a 'neutral' setting and then maybe adjust from there as I learn. I've set the sag on the forks to 25%, but any idea what the base settings for the rebound and LSC should be?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Rebound about 1/3 from full fast, LSC is too bike and rider dependant, but one piece of advice I read that works well is to find a kerb and ride up it (don't lift the wheel) slowly wind in the LSC from fully off until you notice the step get harsher and wind back a little from that, as a first setup that has always worked well, height of the kerb depends on the fork travel of course, for my 100mm SIDS I used a 1.5" step up.

For pikes you may want to start more towards 30% sag.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If it's a Cane Creek Inline shock you will soon be in for problems. Great shock but the enduro kills them. It puts a slight bending force on the shock which is fine with any other shock, but not the Inline.
    For the fork I would start with one bottomless token, 30% sag, and compression about 8 clicks from min. Rebound just enough to give a quick but controlled rebound stroke, actual settings depend on air pressure.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    for the pike ride the bike on the trail with 30% sag with the rebound in the middle. see how the bike feels and adjust. too much brake dive add 5-10psi.