Giant Propel Mudguards

davidwoodfield
davidwoodfield Posts: 10
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
OK, I realise this is almost the ultimate crime...

...but my local velodrome requires you to have mudguards on to train there when it is raining. So if I want to train, I have to have mudguards.

So I need to add racing mudguards to my 2015 Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1.

Has anyone done this successfully and if so, what mudguards would you recommend?

I can see all kinds of issues in getting some attached to the frame securely and avoiding interferance with the Giant Speedcontrol SL brakes...

Thanks!

Davie

Comments

• izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Have one of these knocking round the garage.

Never got round to fixing it on and now booked in for operation so no winter riding for me this year. PM me if interested - happy to do a deal with a rider with greater needs.

http://road.cc/content/review/100575-genetic-carbon-micro-fender
  • Bit of a thread resurrection here - my GF rides a Liv Envie and mudguard policy with our club is pretty strict. Anybody found guards to fit? Cruds, with a bit of modification?
  • Ive not ridden it so dont hold me to this!

But I have a set of Raceblade Pros and the rear one attaches ok. The front does not because the angle of the attachment doesnt clear the brake/downtube. The rear however does go on the front if you were to get 2 rears. I dont know if this would still fit on a smaller frame (mines ML).
  • I had a go at fitting my own raceblade Pro xl on to it and I think with a bit of hacking with a blade it could be made to fit - the front is an issue with it's silly brakes though. Worth a shot if I can let my lbs try them on I guess. Size xxs frame to work with!