Columbus Grammy Monocoque Carbon Fork

term1te
term1te Posts: 1,462
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have any experience of this fork? I'm planning (dreaming) the spec a new build, and the Columbus forks seems to have a lot going for them, especially as its in the sales, but I can't find many reviews. I have some Easton EC90 SLX forks on my Van Nicholas, and am very happy with them, although I'm now looking for a tapered fork for the potential new build. How would the Grammys compare with Enve 2 forks, which seem to be the go-to fork for a lot of smaller manufacturers? I'm looking for stiff forks, but only being 65kg in wet kit I'm not going to give too much grief to any forks.

Thanks

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,148
    not used the grammy, but the enve 2.0 is excellent

there are different versions of the grammy (different cf/weight), presumably characteristics will vary, you'd need to know which you are comparing to...

http://www.columbustubi.com/eng/4_2_1.htm

fwiw i had a columbus minimal fork, heavier than the grammy but similar look, very comfy but understeers badly on hard/fast corners (i'm 77-80kg)

the enve 2.0 is a bit heavier than the minimal, a smidge less comfy, but dramatically better cornering
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Just another thrown in there - 3T Funda and Rigida forks are very good. A little bit heavier but they do come with a lot of steerer. Can be had with a lot of discounts if you google - as next year's models have different decals (a lot worse in my opinion).