44t bash guard options?

saiper
saiper Posts: 9
edited October 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anyone know where I can buy a 44t (triple ring) bash guard? I know Blackspire do one, but as trivial as it may sound, I don't like how it looks. Are there any other options?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Isn't that buying advice you want?

So you'll have a 44T in the middle location on an MTB?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • saiper
    saiper Posts: 9
    Isn't that buying advice you want?

So you'll have a 44T in the middle location on an MTB?

No, a guard that fits over the big ring as opposed to one that requires me to remove it. Apologies if I've posted this in the incorrect forum.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So you don't want a conventional bash that replaces the outer ring....always best to be precise

Hope do rings with an intergral mounted bash http://www.hopetech.com/product/ibr/#tech but only upto a 36T

I don't know of anyone else who does an outer ring protector like the Blackspire, but if it's just for minor impacts then both Shimano and Truvativ do 'trouser guards' in plastic that mount to the big ring.

Ignore the blatant porkine product advert from the moron who is too stupid to realise they haven't even the sense to put there location!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.