I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Providing links to the bikes will help.

2x10 - I'm too unfit for 1x11.
    Are you talking about forks, shocks or both?
    Either.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Both, but on the new model there are using the Fox34 Fork with Fit4.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I wouldn't have either.
    Shiny bits on a below average frame.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Both, but on the new model there are using the Fox34 Fork with Fit4.

So post links so people know what you are looking at.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • penski
    penski Posts: 124
    Also confirm that the 2016 models with the FOX34 come with the FIT4 3-POS damper and not the CTD that it currently erroneously states on their site.

It's received some pretty rave reviews.
    I wouldn't have either.
    RockmonkeySC, just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on the YT industries Capra CF/AL?
  • rockmonkeysc
    Also confirm that the 2016 models with the FOX34 come with the FIT4 3-POS damper and not the CTD that it currently erroneously states on their site.

It's received some pretty rave reviews.
    I wouldn't have either.
    RockmonkeySC, just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on the YT industries Capra CF/AL?

Not ridden either. A few mates bought the AL, none kept it very long though which can't be a good sign. The CF has a pretty bad reputation for cracking.
    Personally I wouldn't want an enduro bike with more than 150mm suspension so it's not really my sort of bike. 170mm just seems complete overkill for enduro racing, which is what the Capra is aimed at.
    If I was going for a German enduro bike it would be the Rose Uncle Jimbo. Slightly lower spec for the cash but a great ride. I would rather spend my cash on either a Transition Patrol or Giant Reign, their frames are just so good that no amount of spangly kit will match them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The Germans don't just make cheap bikes with bling.
    Recent addition to the family stable. Bought off a guy who replaced it with a YT Capra CF. I think he was nuts.
    I haven't bought many new bikes, prefer to find a used bargain.
    Not bad for £1,050, especially when the ride to work scheme paid for it - we have gnarly pavements around here.
    (Apologies for the background - did a lot of tidying up during summer)

TBH way too much bike for me, but my son does some scary stuff on it, and even manages 40+ mile XC rides, keeping up with carbon 29ers etc. But he is a bit younger than me.

X0KyAoGc1f0BEA1s-X8pk42i9cI3DV-Ducx55RBSLrKbfAbLPqNhk3NWK6AFPUez3PYd96fCt3-6HjmGcA5-DhXQXp1QJLpei9rti9psVSXetEpL1Ov1S_pMNmiFgCoEj2rET0xjKCnLDwqmqtR0fhuo1p7PEI0QmFyV027Wt47lhyqLqtlMBMFXcSCtSHfFcnU3_QetS2Pi2fcv2c4sRxHK0d-VkWtvNbiJg2_micB7spvbaOLTW92BFWAX9HghFSA3B9i9j3kDI6IVfPWBQ2VnXlwZmjgM0_6Iwdm6zQmA0MmJ8xv5QBi3NKLgDFDzXPVTqN_o52LN6wiCkE5BqO97Je__6sHTn_4xA7yPISNmBqHxL-Zhl0Ui1zy1Jppp3v8ZL2oBkYH2aUZvt-UxvZ5uwKDXYku7RPCes7ph2ks5SbmOe-NxQGzcvW2zT4YWAscGNe2Iufk-kb0w5wGALJyzv_D1Gh-Okl6KzdWMSXSNs2c4RlcMGxMGh0qs8bOvoXzQxgi_uktgcveQfoXwZRp7w6WgujQmrCw5L-08jUc=w845-h633-no

08 Nicolai Helius FR frame with camo powdercoat.
    2013/2014 180mm Fox 36 Talas RC2
    CCDB Coil
    Easton Havoc wheels
    Easton Haven carbon bars
    XT stop and go
    CK BB and headset
    Reverb
    Other bits etc.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    He replaced a Helius with a Capra? He must be a bit special. I'm sure the Capra is OK but they do regularly break.
    German frames aren't bad, most are average but the frame is the bit which defines how a bike will ride and the German direct sales manufacturers don't make amazingly brilliant frames. There are exceptions though. The Rose Uncle Jimbo is very good and the Canyon xc full suspension (I forgot the name) is a proper good race bike.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Hi,

quick questions.

Which bike do you think is better?
    Canyon Spectral AL 7.0 Ex or Spectral 6.0

And your opinion to
    2x10 vs. 1x11
    Fox vs. Rock Shox
    Hollowtech II vs. Pressfit

Thank you

the 7ex by a mile
  • He replaced a Helius with a Capra? He must be a bit special. I'm sure the Capra is OK but they do regularly break.
    German frames aren't bad, most are average but the frame is the bit which defines how a bike will ride and the German direct sales manufacturers don't make amazingly brilliant frames. There are exceptions though. The Rose Uncle Jimbo is very good and the Canyon xc full suspension (I forgot the name) is a proper good race bike.

Would a Rose Granite Chief or Giant Trance be better all-rounders than some of the bigger Enduro machines - depending on what the OP is riding.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • rockmonkeysc
    He replaced a Helius with a Capra? He must be a bit special. I'm sure the Capra is OK but they do regularly break.

Would a Rose Granite Chief or Giant Trance be better all-rounders than some of the bigger Enduro machines - depending on what the OP is riding.

In my opinion, yes.