helmet and gloves

dombhoy
dombhoy Posts: 147
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Which gloves would people reccomend for temperatures below 10 degrees and also I am in need of a helmet and like the look of the aero helmets such as giro air attack or the sworks evade, people who own an aero road helmet do you notice any difference and would you reccomend getting one?

Comments

• rumbataz
    rumbataz Posts: 796
    I've recently bought a Kask Mojito cycling helmet. It is fantastic. Looks great and provides a nice, cozy fit too. I read a few reports of people who were unable to wear their sunglasses with this helmet but I've had no issues with a pair of custom Oakleys.

As for gloves, SealSkinz gloves quite good. I have a pair with the gel inserts and they do the job well. Not sure about really cold temperatures though (below 5 degrees Celsius).
  • dombhoy
    dombhoy Posts: 147
    Thanks the kask mojito is one of the helmets I was considering so its good to hear a positive review
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    Well, clearly the colours of the helmet and gloves need to coordinate (not necessarily match) with your bike and other gear... d'Oh.

I use a Giro Aeon as it was a lot lighter than Kask and did not get in the way of my glasses.
    For gloves, I've got some LG gloves which are very warm but also quite thin and were a great fit for me. This all means that I've got better feel on the bars and controls. I can find the model if you want to know.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    For helmets get the one that fits you best. You really need to call into a few bike shops and try as many on as possible then decide.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive