Fulcrum Racing Quattro vs Cosmic Elite vs Ksyriyum Equipe

JoeCRvelo
JoeCRvelo Posts: 4
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all,
I'm having a bike built by Ribble (sportive racing) and have 3 wheel options at my price point:
Fulcrum Racing Quattro
Cosmic Elite
Ksyrium Equipe

I'm 6'1", 78 kg, riding hilly sportives (70-100 miles) and mixed club rides.

Priorities, (most to least important) - Durability, speed, ease of servicing, looks. However, I'll happily take a small hit in durability for a big chunk of speed.

To make it more complicated, if I go for the bargain basement option for finishing kit I can JUST afford the Ksyrium Elite.

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Zonda
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I like my Fulcrum Racing Quattros ...
    I just had the rear hub break on my 2yo Ksyrium Elites ...

None of those wheels will make you faster/slower ...

I'm glad your club encourages women as well as men ... ;)
  • Well if none of them will give me a sub-8 hour Fred Whitton time, then I might not bother :wink:

Thanks for the info though Slowbike, it's handy to get a recommendation from someone who knows about more than one option

Yes we include women, but only if they wear false moustaches. Our rides are also of mixed terrain and distance :wink:

Oh, and Bobbinogs - ta for that
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Tap "Zonda" into the Road Buying Search box and then pick through all the threads. Wheel threads (sub£300) come up several times a week so I suspect many won't bother to type the same words in...
  • Ah, thanks. I'm going for a 105 groupset and Ribble won't stock Shimano-hubbed Campag wheels for the foreseeable future. They did, however, recommend the Ksyriums over the other options for distances and hills.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I'm surprised the H word hasn't been mentioned yet, lol.