Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite vs Campagnolo Shamal Mille

piersj01
piersj01 Posts: 32
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Has anyone tried both of these wheels, if so any advice on the difference? I ride Campy but actually prefer the look of the Zero Nites but just curious as to if there is any actual difference due to the spoke lacing pattern, other than aesthetics?

Thanks

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=13037993 ...you're selling r-sys that you 'hardly use', why sell those just to get a pretty similar wheel?

Also, you've arrived, signed up, and in one say of being on here you've got 17 posts total, 6 of those are new threads in Buying, 5 in General and 1 in For Sale, bit odd?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    If you barely used your R-Sys, then why would you even consider a wheelset that is effectively a like for like replacement? Also, what about those PT Zipp 202's? Thought you only wanted one wheelset?
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • If you barely used your R-Sys, then why would you even consider a wheelset that is effectively a like for like replacement? Also, what about those PT Zipp 202's? Thought you only wanted one wheelset?

The RSYS SLR is in a different league to those Nite/Mille things which are not as stiff, plagued with similar coating issues to that of the original Exalith 1 and they're heavier.
  • Grill
    Had Nites. They're just as stiff and I never had coating issues.
  • It's a Fulcrum Zero with a coating so they can play the Exalith game. They failed. You say 'had' - why did you get rid of them?
  • Grill
    They felt slow (just like every shallow section wheel I've owned). Replaced them with Racing Speed XLR 50's.