Continental Protection tubeless

eric_draven
eric_draven Posts: 1,192
edited October 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I have bought a Continental Trail king protection tyre that is tubeless ready,have put it on the rim,but i have air pouring out through the side walls,I have put extra sealant in but still don't seem to be able to cure it,any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    put in loads of sealant and then hold the wheels in your hands and rock back and forward to spread the sealant round the tyre turning it every 10s or so. my protection tyres never had an issue with the side walls leaking air. are you sure they are the protection variant?
  • eric_draven
    they are protection version they have it wrote on the sidewall but when i cover on soapy water you can just see it bubbling out everywhere, i will try some more sealant see what happens.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hold the wheel flat and 'swirl' it round to spread the sealant round the sidewall, flip it over and repeat, a stationary upright tyre just won't get any sealant to sidewall leaks, I use lightweight Schwalbe so it's a normal event for me.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • lpretro1
    lpretro1 Posts: 237
    I find that the Contis do take a bit more sealing than other makes. Just keep the pressure high for a few days and they will be fine
  • eric_draven
    thanks for the advice guys,got there in the end,used a little bit more sealant and took a bit more time,as i was getting a tad frustrated after putting a tubed front one on and was having a lot of problems getting that one to seat properly