Bike-discount.de

handful
handful Posts: 920
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
I have at times been critical of shopping experiences at different retailers but thought I should redress the balance with a big thumbs up for this one. I impulsively (and under the influence of alcohol) bought a Brooks B17 saddle last Friday at around this time of night for £57.34 + £4.37 shipping so bargain price and very reasonable shipping cost. It was delivered on Tuesday to my work address in Somerset. Impressive I thought.

In the meantime I had researched and realised I probably should have ordered a Team Pro. I contacted Bike-discount by phone, spoke to a very polite, competent and English spoken sales person who told me to just send it back or refuse delivery and re-order the other item. This was completely free of charge. Ok I had to pay another shipping charge for the replacement but that's only right and fair. I then ordered the replacement on Wednesday at around 2pm also at a bargain price. I was pretty astounded to receive this at work today only 48 hours after placing the order.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on but I am mightily impressed and Wiggle, CRC etc have got their work cut out competing with this outfit. This isn't the first time I've used them and it definitely won't be the last!
Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
Orbea Rise

Comments

• agree, great site and very good prices. often delivered quicker than a uk based site!
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Yep, very good. I've used them many times and been very impressed.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Another thumbs up here. Bought a few things from them and always found the service to be excellent.
  • PhilipPirrip
    PhilipPirrip Posts: 616
    edited October 2015
    Yep. bought a pair of 7950 chainrings from them a couple of weeks ago at a great price, I was concerned that their system didn't seem to ask about postage to UK but I shouldn't have been worried as the goods arrived in three working days without question.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Remember they also have free delivery, just buy more!
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • bomster
    bomster Posts: 202
    Do you pay in GBP or do you incur some sort of conversion for paying in euros? Always been tempted to buy things from the site but never sure.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    It's GBP so no extra charges, but others like bike24 charge in euros.
  • Do you pay in GBP or do you incur some sort of conversion for paying in euros? Always been tempted to buy things from the site but never sure.

I've just bought something from Bike24 (also German), I was charged £26 currency exchange by my CC company on a £900 purchase.
  • Never has a bother with them. Delivery quicker than CRC (who have their main depot within 60 mile of my house) and excellent pricing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    After 15 years living in Germany I have just returned (disappointingly) to the UK. I will still only use German websites over that of Wiggle CRC etc.

I recently bought an Ultegra 10 sp chainset from Rose bikes for €75 mega cheap! And it arrived after 2 days. Same speedy service from cycle-basar.de and Bike-components.de if anyone ever wants to look. Also, German shops will even auto upgrade on many items if the selected isn't currently in stock. A few years ago I bought 2 hybrid bikes for my wife and myself. When they arrived one was as ordered and another came with an upgraded carbon fork at no extra cost.

Amazing service. Makes me miss Germany more now.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    I totally agree! Superb site and fantastic service given too. Cannot fault them at all.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.