Colnago C50 Extreme Power.

bluedog99
bluedog99 Posts: 183
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I have just seen this model Colnago, does anybody own one or had on in the past? If so, what are they like, are they comfortable or do they beat you. How do they compare to standard C Colnago bikes? Any replies and info appreciated, as I had never heard of them until today.
Cheers.
Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.

Comments

• mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    I've owned an Extreme Power 54cm horizontal, lacquered nude carbon/Record 10/Racing Zeros in the past and am looking for a replacement frame/full bike after it was written off in a crash with a car last year. Best bike I ever owned.... I still have a C40 and Specialized S-Works Venge and 2015 S-Works Tarmac. All 3 are great, but....
    Colnago Addict!
  • comsense
    comsense Posts: 245
    I've just sold mine after 4 years. It exceeded every expectation I had from nearly 40 years lusting after a Colnago :D I was always a poor descender and it was on that bike that I really improved - I'd no qualms having that bike over 70kph. Over 200km sportives and in short summer evening club races it took everything in a no fuss manner. And they look fantastic and will look fantastic in years to come. And they hold their value when you resell - far more so than any other bike I've ever bought. The one and only reason I sold was because I've had massive spinal surgeries and the frame was too long for me. I was once in a coffee shop and a gang of women cyclists arrived. The waitress told me one of them had said "see that beautiful colnago? that is comsense's bike" Women never commented on any other bike I've owned :lol:
  • bluedog99
    Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Could you tell me what is the max tyre width they take. As I use 25mm on my Roukie.
    Cheers.
  • comsense
    comsense Posts: 245
    I had 25c GP4000's on mine. I don't think anything bigger would fit.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have an extreme power, I love it! Ride is not as smooth as a c50 (had one before) but I love the stiffness.
    Fits wide rims with 25mm tyres fine.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bluedog99
    Thanks for the replies, a couple have shown up on ebay. Near me in Manchester as well, very tempting.
  • juggler
    juggler Posts: 262
    As far as I know, there was no such model. There was the C50, with distinctive wishbone stays "with the hole in the middle", then came the Extreme Power (wishbone stays with no hole), followed by the Extreme Power Super with bigger tubes (production/name stopped on agreement between Campagnolo and Colnago because Campagnolo wanted to use EPS for their electronic shifter system).
  • napoleond
    As far as I know, there was no such model. There was the C50, with distinctive wishbone stays "with the hole in the middle", then came the Extreme Power (wishbone stays with no hole), followed by the Extreme Power Super with bigger tubes (production/name stopped on agreement between Campagnolo and Colnago because Campagnolo wanted to use EPS for their electronic shifter system).

But they used the C50 front end so we know what was meant by the OP.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    Not really Nap, I am sure the Extremes have round tubes, where the C50 has "crimped" shaped top and down tubes, but we know what the OP means.
    Any of the old Colango's are great. As for tyre size - i doubt 25mm conti's will fit a smaller C50. They definitely dont a 54cm C40. I havent tried on the C50.
  • napoleond
    Not really Nap, I am sure the Extremes have round tubes, where the C50 has "crimped" shaped top and down tubes, but we know what the OP means.
    Any of the old Colango's are great. As for tyre size - i doubt 25mm conti's will fit a smaller C50. They definitely dont a 54cm C40. I havent tried on the C50.

They are different, but as we've established. We know what he meant.
    I had no probs with 25mms on my c50
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I had an extreme power 2008 56T. Changed it for a C59 as liked it so much and thought could get even better which I did, marginally. Wish Id kept it tho. Didnt take 25mm tyres neither does the C59.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • napoleond
    I had an extreme power 2008 56T. Changed it for a C59 as liked it so much and thought could get even better which I did, marginally. Wish Id kept it tho. Didnt take 25mm tyres neither does the C59.

I run 25s on 23mm rims on mine fine. (58T)
    ABCC Cycling Coach